Playing DVD's

Have new computer with XP Home. Not sure what has happened, but when I attempt to play DVD on PC, the screen display goes green but I still have audio??

What app are you using to watch them in?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP
"beergut" <beergut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have new computer with XP Home. Not sure what has happened, but when I
attempt to play DVD on PC, the screen display goes green but I still have
audio??

When i put DVD in, automatically tries to run with InterActual player, but has also done the same thing if I try Media Player. The intro of the DVD will have video, but will turn to a solid green screen after about a minute. After that, I just get audio stream.

"Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:

> What app are you using to watch them in?
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP
> www.simplydv.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> "beergut" <beergut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have new computer with XP Home. Not sure what has happened, but when I
> attempt to play DVD on PC, the screen display goes green but I still have
> audio??

Do you have WinDVD, PowerDVD or one of the other DVD decoding software
packages installed?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

> When i put DVD in, automatically tries to run with InterActual player, but
> has also done the same thing if I try Media Player. The intro of the DVD
> will have video, but will turn to a solid green screen after about a
> minute. After that, I just get audio stream.
>
> "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:
>
>> What app are you using to watch them in?
>>
>> --
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP
>> www.simplydv.co.uk
>> www.dvds2treasure.com
>> "beergut" <beergut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Have new computer with XP Home. Not sure what has happened, but when I
>> attempt to play DVD on PC, the screen display goes green but I still have
>> audio??

I have PowereDVD installed.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Do you have WinDVD, PowerDVD or one of the other DVD decoding software
> packages installed?
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "beergut" <beergut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When i put DVD in, automatically tries to run with InterActual player, but
> > has also done the same thing if I try Media Player. The intro of the DVD
> > will have video, but will turn to a solid green screen after about a
> > minute. After that, I just get audio stream.
> >
> > "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:
> >
> >> What app are you using to watch them in?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Graham Hughes
> >> MVP
> >> www.simplydv.co.uk
> >> www.dvds2treasure.com
> >> "beergut" <beergut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> attempt to play DVD on PC, the screen display goes green but I still have
> >> audio??

I was able to get DVD to play properly by opening PowerDVD manually. How can I make it the default app?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Do you have WinDVD, PowerDVD or one of the other DVD decoding software
> packages installed?
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "beergut" <beergut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When i put DVD in, automatically tries to run with InterActual player, but
> > has also done the same thing if I try Media Player. The intro of the DVD
> > will have video, but will turn to a solid green screen after about a
> > minute. After that, I just get audio stream.
> >
> > "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:
> >
> >> What app are you using to watch them in?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Graham Hughes
> >> MVP
> >> www.simplydv.co.uk
> >> www.dvds2treasure.com
> >> "beergut" <beergut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> attempt to play DVD on PC, the screen display goes green but I still have
> >> audio??

Also, when I insert DVD...InterActual player pops up..asking me to install to play DVD. I have set up PowerDVD to open when disc is inserted, but the setting is not taking effect. Always reverts back to InterActual??

"beergut" wrote:

> I was able to get DVD to play properly by opening PowerDVD manually. How can I make it the default app?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Do you have WinDVD, PowerDVD or one of the other DVD decoding software
> > packages installed?
> > --
> > Cari
> > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "beergut" <beergut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When i put DVD in, automatically tries to run with InterActual player, but
> > > has also done the same thing if I try Media Player. The intro of the DVD
> > > will have video, but will turn to a solid green screen after about a
> > > minute. After that, I just get audio stream.

Interactual is the program you need to use if you want to 'see' those extras
on the DVD that you cannot see on a standalone DVD player.
www.coribright.com

> Also, when I insert DVD...InterActual player pops up..asking me to install
> to play DVD. I have set up PowerDVD to open when disc is inserted, but
> the setting is not taking effect. Always reverts back to InterActual??
>
> "beergut" wrote:
>
>> I was able to get DVD to play properly by opening PowerDVD manually. How
>> can I make it the default app?
>>
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>>
>> > Do you have WinDVD, PowerDVD or one of the other DVD decoding software
>> > packages installed?
>> > --
>> > Cari
>> > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
>> > www.coribright.com
>> >
>> > "beergut" <beergut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

My prob is that InterActual is not working properly though. I also have PowerDVD set so that it is supposed to auto open when disc is detected, but that is not the case either.

"Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

> Interactual is the program you need to use if you want to 'see' those extras
> on the DVD that you cannot see on a standalone DVD player.
> www.coribright.com
>
> "beergut" <beergut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Also, when I insert DVD...InterActual player pops up..asking me to install
> > to play DVD. I have set up PowerDVD to open when disc is inserted, but
> > the setting is not taking effect. Always reverts back to InterActual??
> >
> > "beergut" wrote:
> >
> >> I was able to get DVD to play properly by opening PowerDVD manually. How
> >> can I make it the default app?

Download a new version of InterActual and see if that sorts it out...

www.interactual.com
--
Cari
www.coribright.com