Media player 9 won't recognize .ogm files as being video. ..

I've associated .ogm with media player 9, but double-
clicking on an ogm file brings up a window saying "The
selected file has an extension that is not recognized by
Windows Media Player"...
Then gives options Yes or No to play the file. I always
choose Yes, which works, but I'm wondering why the "Don't
ask me again for this extension" checkbox is useless.
(You also can't drag & drop .ogm files into Media Player
either.)
2 answers Last reply
More about media player recognize files video

    So, uh... I guess my question is, how can I get Media
    Player to remember that it's supposed to be playing .ogm
    files and not complaining about them?

    What version of wmp.dll is on your system?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823275
    has one update that affects the ability of WMP to classify the files. From
    that point, it should just be a matter of the OGM plug-in creator to
    properly register OGM files.

    -Zach
    See http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
    Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
    All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.
    --
    "Trent" <trentthree@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've associated .ogm with media player 9, but double-
    > clicking on an ogm file brings up a window saying "The
    > selected file has an extension that is not recognized by
    > Windows Media Player"...
    > Then gives options Yes or No to play the file. I always
    > choose Yes, which works, but I'm wondering why the "Don't
    > ask me again for this extension" checkbox is useless.
    > (You also can't drag & drop .ogm files into Media Player
    > either.)

Video Extension Media Player Windows XP