Media player 9 won't recognize .ogm files as being video. ..

Trent

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004

I've associated .ogm with media player 9, but double-
clicking on an ogm file brings up a window saying "The
selected file has an extension that is not recognized by
Windows Media Player"...
Then gives options Yes or No to play the file. I always
choose Yes, which works, but I'm wondering why the "Don't
ask me again for this extension" checkbox is useless.
(You also can't drag & drop .ogm files into Media Player
either.)

Trent

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004

So, uh... I guess my question is, how can I get Media
Player to remember that it's supposed to be playing .ogm
files and not complaining about them?

What version of wmp.dll is on your system?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823275
has one update that affects the ability of WMP to classify the files. From
that point, it should just be a matter of the OGM plug-in creator to
properly register OGM files.

-Zach
See http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.
--
"Trent" <trentthree@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've associated .ogm with media player 9, but double-
> clicking on an ogm file brings up a window saying "The
> selected file has an extension that is not recognized by
> Windows Media Player"...
> Then gives options Yes or No to play the file. I always
> choose Yes, which works, but I'm wondering why the "Don't
> ask me again for this extension" checkbox is useless.
> (You also can't drag & drop .ogm files into Media Player
> either.)

TRENDING THREADS