moviemaker2 issue

Where is the wizard that is referenced in every help page I look at? I attached an analog camera to my computer and start MM2 and get error no device found. Looking for the wizard in menus, icons, everywhere to no avail. Help, please!
4 answers Last reply
More about moviemaker2 issue

    Yu really need a digital cam to get the most from all this digital hardware.
    See www.papajohn.org for help with capturing analogue, which has to be done
    manually.
    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP
    "edee em" <edeeem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Where is the wizard that is referenced in every help page I look at? I
    attached an analog camera to my computer and start MM2 and get error no
    device found. Looking for the wizard in menus, icons, everywhere to no
    avail. Help, please!

    I thought the "wizard" allowed one to change settings to allow input from an analog source. That is the understanding I get from all the information on MM2. So two issues arise:

    1. do you know how to get the wizard to run. and
    2. are you telling me that for analog I should get another piece of software.

    Thanks

    "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:

    > Yu really need a digital cam to get the most from all this digital hardware.
    > See www.papajohn.org for help with capturing analogue, which has to be done
    > manually.
    > Graham
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP
    > www.simplydv.co.uk
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > "edee em" <edeeem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Where is the wizard that is referenced in every help page I look at? I
    > attached an analog camera to my computer and start MM2 and get error no
    > device found. Looking for the wizard in menus, icons, everywhere to no
    > avail. Help, please!

    When you using something like File > Capture Video... from the main MM2
    menu, the series of windows you step through are collectively known as the
    wizard.... It's a wizard in the sense that it presents you with the specific
    choices that are for your system.... the choices I see on mine are
    different.

    --
    PapaJohn

    Movie Maker 2 - www.papajohn.org
    Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org

    ..
    > I thought the "wizard" allowed one to change settings to allow input from
    an analog source. That is the understanding I get from all the information
    on MM2. So two issues arise:

    > 1. do you know how to get the wizard to run. and
    > 2. are you telling me that for analog I should get another piece of
    software.

    > Thanks
    >
    > "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:
    >
    > > Yu really need a digital cam to get the most from all this digital
    hardware.
    > > See www.papajohn.org for help with capturing analogue, which has to be
    done
    > > manually.
    > > Graham
    > >
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP
    > > www.simplydv.co.uk
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > "edee em" <edeeem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Where is the wizard that is referenced in every help page I look at?
    > > attached an analog camera to my computer and start MM2 and get error no
    > > device found. Looking for the wizard in menus, icons, everywhere to no
    > > avail. Help, please!

    Thanks papajohn. That clears that question up. Please explain to me why I am not getting MM2 to recognize my device (Sony tr96 analog cam) when i click on the capture command? I get the error message " A video capture device was not detected..."

    I have the camera connected to the composite video connections at the front of my computer.

    "PapaJohn (MVP)" wrote:

    > When you using something like File > Capture Video... from the main MM2
    > menu, the series of windows you step through are collectively known as the
    > wizard.... It's a wizard in the sense that it presents you with the specific
    > choices that are for your system.... the choices I see on mine are
    > different.
    >
    > --
    > PapaJohn
    >
    > Movie Maker 2 - www.papajohn.org
    > Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org
    >
    > ..
    > "edee em" <edeeem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I thought the "wizard" allowed one to change settings to allow input from
    > an analog source. That is the understanding I get from all the information
    > on MM2. So two issues arise:
    > >
    > > 1. do you know how to get the wizard to run. and
    > > 2. are you telling me that for analog I should get another piece of
    > software.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Yu really need a digital cam to get the most from all this digital
    > hardware.
    > > > See www.papajohn.org for help with capturing analogue, which has to be
    > done
    > > > manually.
    > > > Graham
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Graham Hughes
    > > > MVP
    > > > www.simplydv.co.uk
    > > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > > "edee em" <edeeem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > attached an analog camera to my computer and start MM2 and get error no
    > > > device found. Looking for the wizard in menus, icons, everywhere to no
    > > > avail. Help, please!

Video Microsoft Windows XP