Maxtor 250 One touch Question

If i backup selected files to the Maxtor One touch and then move the
one touch dirve to another pc, can i just open one of the files using
this differnet pc ( using an application or windows explorer)?
1
answer
Last reply
More about maxtor touch question

    pak.ecker@comcast.net wrote:
    > If i backup selected files to the Maxtor One touch and then move the
    > one touch dirve to another pc, can i just open one of the files using
    > this differnet pc ( using an application or windows explorer)?

    Yes. if instead of doing a "back-up" you "duplicate" your files.

    If you don't know what I mean there's a manual that came with the
    product (on CD-rom).

    From the help screen:
    Duplicating provides you with an exact copy of your files. You can
    duplicate files to your Maxtor OneTouch drive, then connect the drive to
    another computer and continue working with them.

    Duplicates only save the files and folders on your computer at the time
    of the duplicate. Duplicates do not include old versions of files that
    have been modified since the last duplicate, or files you have deleted
    since the last duplicate.

    Doug

Windows Explorer Hardware Maxtor Storage