Western Digital WD1200JB 120 gig hd - sleep mode?

I just installed a Western Digital WD1200JB 120 gig internal drive (in a
dual setup as the slave) and just noticed that the thing clicks every hour
or so if not in use and spins down. I checked the specs online and noticed
that there is a sleep mode. Of course, no manual was included nor were
there specs included with the set-up instructions. There doesn't appear to
be any utilities to adjust the spindown time of the drive. I wonder if I
could do it with the Windows 2000 control panel.

I'm currently running it off of an old Dell Dimension Pentium II 400 mhz
motherboard's primary IDE slot. I'm probably going to get an ATA
controller card and run it off that. Pretty soon, I'm going to upgrade the
old CPU to a Powerleap 1.4 Celeron, too, just to save the computer and keep
it going for a few more years.

Try turn off all power saving features in control panel and bios.