Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

sefault player of choice

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 4:02:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Any recommendations to set Windows Media Player as the
default player whenever a video file is played,
independent of source? (e-mail attachments, streaming
video from website/'net. . .etc) Just tired of the
myriad of players popping up with the different control
button commands, or the need to convert the files.

More about : sefault player choice

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 4:42:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

As good as it maybe, WMP cannot play such files as MOV (That is QuickTime)
or Real Player files. There is no one single player for all video files.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

"Ming" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2918401c46454$f53be470$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Any recommendations to set Windows Media Player as the
> default player whenever a video file is played,
> independent of source? (e-mail attachments, streaming
> video from website/'net. . .etc) Just tired of the
> myriad of players popping up with the different control
> button commands, or the need to convert the files.
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 1:28:36 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Understandably, but is there a way to re-direct video
through a selected player, whichever it may be? Thanks.

>-----Original Message-----
>As good as it maybe, WMP cannot play such files as MOV
(That is QuickTime)
>or Real Player files. There is no one single player for
all video files.
>--
>Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging &
Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"Ming" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:2918401c46454$f53be470$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>> Any recommendations to set Windows Media Player as the
>> default player whenever a video file is played,
>> independent of source? (e-mail attachments, streaming
>> video from website/'net. . .etc) Just tired of the
>> myriad of players popping up with the different control
>> button commands, or the need to convert the files.
>
>
>.
>
July 10, 2004 11:29:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

open a windows explorer window and choose tools then folder options then
file types .. find the extension of the files you wish media player to play
then select by clicking once then click change and browse for media player
executable which is in program files/media player
.................if its not alreaqdyu listed on the prefered programs in that
window which it may be
"Ming" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:28d3601c464a4$096c6790$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Understandably, but is there a way to re-direct video
> through a selected player, whichever it may be? Thanks.
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >As good as it maybe, WMP cannot play such files as MOV
> (That is QuickTime)
> >or Real Player files. There is no one single player for
> all video files.
> >--
> >Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging &
> Hardware)
> >www.coribright.com
> >
> >"Ming" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> >news:2918401c46454$f53be470$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Any recommendations to set Windows Media Player as the
> >> default player whenever a video file is played,
> >> independent of source? (e-mail attachments, streaming
> >> video from website/'net. . .etc) Just tired of the
> >> myriad of players popping up with the different control
> >> button commands, or the need to convert the files.
> >
> >
> >.
> >
!