Seeking DVD Backup Software Recommendations

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Hi. I'm looking for an XP backup software package that can do the
following:

1- Backup up a single file over multiple DVDs if the file is too big
for one DVD.

2- Allow selective file restores.

3- Save a backup list of files that can be reused each time you
backup. I'd like to be able to modify the list to add or take away
files.

4- Support DVD+R/+RW.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Ken

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

On 29 Nov 2004 15:00:35 -0800, kenandeva@yahoo.com (Ken) wrote:

>Hi. I'm looking for an XP backup software package that can do the
>following:
>
>1- Backup up a single file over multiple DVDs if the file is too big
>for one DVD.
>
>2- Allow selective file restores.
>
>3- Save a backup list of files that can be reused each time you
>backup. I'd like to be able to modify the list to add or take away
>files.
>
>4- Support DVD+R/+RW.
>

>Thanks in advance for any info!
>
>Ken

Dantz Retrospect Professional

You don't state whether this is a server or PC you're backing up but I used
Stomp's Backup MyPC to back up to CD-RW. This was once Backup Exec from
Veritas.

> 1- Backup up a single file over multiple DVDs if the file is too big
> for one DVD.

Yes.

> 2- Allow selective file restores.

Yes

> 3- Save a backup list of files that can be reused each time you
> backup. I'd like to be able to modify the list to add or take away
> files.

Yes

> 4- Support DVD+R/+RW.

Yes