--
Thanks,
Andrew Makinson

www.evcomputing.com
www.iowcomputers.net/websiteforum/index.php

Dom wrote:
> What's the difference?

Nothing much. HL is the original game.

HL:S is an updated version using the new engine (called "Source") that
powers HL2. The graphics look prettier and some of the effects are more
whizz-bang, but the game isn't radically different. They haven't
introduced the gravity gun or anything like that.

Dom

So is it free if I have Half Life then? or do I have to fork out for whizz
bangs?

--

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Dom wrote:
> > What's the difference?
>

> Nothing much. HL is the original game.
>
> HL:S is an updated version using the new engine (called "Source") that
> powers HL2. The graphics look prettier and some of the effects are more
> whizz-bang, but the game isn't radically different. They haven't
> introduced the gravity gun or anything like that.

Andrew

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:59:52 GMT, "Dom" <c@d.com> top posted:

>So is it free if I have Half Life then? or do I have to fork out for whizz
>bangs?

You get it with the Silver or Gold Steam packages of HL2.

* Dom wrote:
> So is it free if I have Half Life then? or do I have to fork out for
> whizz bangs?

Don't know if you are baiting or not, but no. It is a new game, new
engine. You have to pay for it. But if you buy the right package, you
get valve's back catalogue of games incl HL, CS:CZ, DMC, TFC, CS, DOD,
OF, R, Codename Gordon, CS:S, HL2, HL2:DM, and DOD:S when released.
Hope you understood all the acronyms.

--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : usenet@piggo.com