Andrew Makinson

www.evcomputing.com
www.iowcomputers.net/websiteforum/index.php
4 answers Last reply
More about half life half life source

    Dom wrote:
    > What's the difference?

    Nothing much. HL is the original game.

    HL:S is an updated version using the new engine (called "Source") that
    powers HL2. The graphics look prettier and some of the effects are more
    whizz-bang, but the game isn't radically different. They haven't
    introduced the gravity gun or anything like that.

    So is it free if I have Half Life then? or do I have to fork out for whizz
    bangs?

    --
    Thanks,

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:59:52 GMT, "Dom" <c@d.com> top posted:

    >So is it free if I have Half Life then? or do I have to fork out for whizz
    >bangs?

    You get it with the Silver or Gold Steam packages of HL2.

    * Dom wrote:
    > So is it free if I have Half Life then? or do I have to fork out for
    > whizz bangs?

    Don't know if you are baiting or not, but no. It is a new game, new
    engine. You have to pay for it. But if you buy the right package, you
    get valve's back catalogue of games incl HL, CS:CZ, DMC, TFC, CS, DOD,
    OF, R, Codename Gordon, CS:S, HL2, HL2:DM, and DOD:S when released.
    Hope you understood all the acronyms.

    --
    T R O Y P I G G I N S
    e : usenet@piggo.com