Looking for 1-2 year old camera

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 6, 2004 6:23:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I'm looking for a used one on ebay, camera shops, etc., and would like to
find out which cameras you fine and friendly folks like.

The only requirements I have are that I need one with at least 10X optical
and 3X 'assisted' (30X total) and the ability to manually override the
automatic shutter speed and aperture settings.

I'm not interested in Olympus -- I've got a Olympus C700 but it's in need of
repair ($150) and don't want to put out that kind of money on it. Also have
a broken 340L. Seems like Olympus digitals have a 2-3 year life.

Thanks!!

Fred

More about : year camera

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 3:46:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:23:30 GMT, "Fred"
<testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote:

>The only requirements I have are that I need one with at least 10X optical
>and 3X 'assisted' (30X total) and the ability to manually override the
>automatic shutter speed and aperture settings.

That would be a challenge. The only decent older camera I know of
with 10x optical are one of the Sony Mavicia camera and I don't think
it has digital zoom at all. It also has floppy drive and requires you
to carry around blank disks or a disk adapter and some memory sticks.
They are very slow in between picture though due to wiritng the files.

The other decent camera are Kodak 6490 (4mp, 10x optical) but it's
fairly recent and not quite old. Also not cheap.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:46:51 -0400, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> found these
unused words floating about:

>On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:23:30 GMT, "Fred"
><testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote:
>
>>The only requirements I have are that I need one with at least 10X optical
>>and 3X 'assisted' (30X total) and the ability to manually override the
>>automatic shutter speed and aperture settings.
>
>That would be a challenge. The only decent older camera I know of
>with 10x optical are one of the Sony Mavicia camera and I don't think
>it has digital zoom at all. It also has floppy drive and requires you
>to carry around blank disks or a disk adapter and some memory sticks.
>They are very slow in between picture though due to wiritng the files.
>
>The other decent camera are Kodak 6490 (4mp, 10x optical) but it's
>fairly recent and not quite old. Also not cheap.

Dimage 7 and 5 are now 3 years old - findable in shops and 'net, thoug not
10x. 10x in good lenses is $$$. Dimage is 28-200 equivalent.

Really only 'bad' point is slow and sometimes inaccurate auto-focus. Has
both eyepiece and panel.

Forget the 'digital' zoom - you can do much better with the algorithms in
most graphics programs!
August 6, 2004 4:48:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Check out the finepx S5000. I've seen lots of photos from this
camera that are fantastic.
http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/digitalShowc...

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:23:30 GMT, "Fred"
<testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote:

>I'm looking for a used one on ebay, camera shops, etc., and would like to
>find out which cameras you fine and friendly folks like.
>
>The only requirements I have are that I need one with at least 10X optical
>and 3X 'assisted' (30X total) and the ability to manually override the
>automatic shutter speed and aperture settings.
>
>I'm not interested in Olympus -- I've got a Olympus C700 but it's in need of
>repair ($150) and don't want to put out that kind of money on it. Also have
>a broken 340L. Seems like Olympus digitals have a 2-3 year life.
>
>Thanks!!
>
>Fred

August 8, 2004 11:39:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Thanks, fellers.

"Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message >

"J. A. Mc." <jaSPAMc@gbr.online.com> wrote in message
!