USB external hard drive

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
November 30, 2004 10:59:49 AM

Can someone suggest a USB removeable hard drive that will work with both
windows 98 as well as windows xp. In addition will work with both USB 1 and
2.

I am looking for such a drive to back up two computers as well as moving
data between each.

Thank you
Anonymous
a b G Storage
November 30, 2004 3:47:08 PM

You want a USB2 controller with Win 98 support.

"Wayne" <Ole@sealake.com> wrote in message
> Can someone suggest a USB removeable hard drive that will work with both
> windows 98 as well as windows xp. In addition will work with both USB 1 and
> 2.
>
> I am looking for such a drive to back up two computers as well as moving
> data between each.
>
> Thank you

Anonymous
a b G Storage
November 30, 2004 11:12:09 PM

Wayne wrote:

> Can someone suggest a USB removeable hard drive that will work with both
> windows 98 as well as windows xp. In addition will work with both USB 1 and
> 2.
>
> I am looking for such a drive to back up two computers as well as moving
> data between each.
>
> Thank you

As far as I know, ANY USB external hard drive sold today will do what
you need.
Doug
a b G Storage
December 1, 2004 5:12:51 AM

I would assume 99.9% of the available external USB cases would work.
The hard drive would have to be partitioned & formatted with FAT32 to work
with Win98 (and Win XP).

"Wayne" <Ole@sealake.com> wrote in message
> Can someone suggest a USB removeable hard drive that will work with both
> windows 98 as well as windows xp. In addition will work with both USB 1
> and
> 2.
>
> I am looking for such a drive to back up two computers as well as moving
> data between each.
>
> Thank you

January 24, 2005 12:14:48 AM

In article <zM9rd.493458$D%.398528@attbi_s51>, no_spam_me@comcast.net
says...
> I would assume 99.9% of the available external USB cases would work.
> The hard drive would have to be partitioned & formatted with FAT32 to work
> with Win98 (and Win XP).
>
> "Wayne" <Ole@sealake.com> wrote in message
> > Can someone suggest a USB removeable hard drive that will work with both
> > windows 98 as well as windows xp. In addition will work with both USB 1
> > and
> > 2.
> >
> > I am looking for such a drive to back up two computers as well as moving
> > data between each.
> >
> > Thank you

most come formatted fat 32. I have both a Seagate and a Buslink
external and they came formatted as fat 32.

If you later want NTFS, you can reformat them.

Louise
!