hard drive shuts down system

I've never encountered this one before. I have a rack system for a second
hard drive. My friend tells me that his hard drive crashed and asks if I
can take a look at it. When I try to power up the drive, the entire pc
shuts down. It's a Western Digital WD200EB 20GB drive. Has anyone
encountered anything like this and what are my options? Thanks for all

"Martin Williams" <martywill@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I've never encountered this one before. I have a rack system for a second
> hard drive. My friend tells me that his hard drive crashed and asks if I
> can take a look at it. When I try to power up the drive, the entire pc
> shuts down. It's a Western Digital WD200EB 20GB drive. Has anyone
> encountered anything like this and what are my options? Thanks for all

Motor may have shorted. Bin it! Professional recovery VERY expensive.
Mike.