strider

Any good single player mods out yet?

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope

Len

strider

Len proclaimed...

> Yeah, a couple:
>
> http://www.fileplanet.com/150083/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---SP-:-Das-Roboss
>
> and
>
> http://www.fileplanet.com/151873/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---Leon's-SinglePlayer-Map-Pack
>
> I'd give the first one a 7 out of 10. I'm still playing through the
> second one....it's pretty good so far.

Great stuff, thanks

--

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Len proclaimed...
>
>> Yeah, a couple:
>>
>> http://www.fileplanet.com/150083/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---SP-:-Das-Roboss
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://www.fileplanet.com/151873/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---Leon's-SinglePlayer-Map-Pack
>>
>> I'd give the first one a 7 out of 10. I'm still playing through the
>> second one....it's pretty good so far.
>
> Great stuff, thanks
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "A faineant government is not the worst
> government that England can have. It has been the
> great fault of our politicians that they have all
> wanted to do something."
>
> Anthony Trollope

Thanks for the links Len, much appreciated. Just D/Led them and will start
playing tonite

Best Regards, Rene Lamontagne

"Len" <hughg36@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:17:32 GMT, Strider
> <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:
>
> >Any good single player mods out yet?
>
> Yeah, a couple:
>
> http://www.fileplanet.com/150083/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---SP-:-Das-Roboss
>
> I'd give the first one a 7 out of 10.

That's generous. It's not bad. God that last part is laggy though.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Len wrote:
> I'd give the first one a 7 out of 10. I'm still playing through the
> second one....it's pretty good so far.
>
> Len

Thanks for that. I've been eagerly waiting for a decent SP HL2 mod. I'll
give these two a whirl :)

Jason

Len

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:35:30 GMT, "nutt" <octaviola@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> http://www.fileplanet.com/150083/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---SP-:-Das-Roboss
>>
>> I'd give the first one a 7 out of 10.
>
>That's generous. It's not bad. God that last part is laggy though.

No problem, guys....always glad to help. I gave Das Roboss a 7
because it was challenging and had a few interesting puzzles. But
you're right, I guess I was generous because it was the first decent
HL2 add-on to come along. And nutt, the rather weird ending worked
okay on my machine (P4 2.6G, 1G ram, X800Pro).

BTW, I finished Leon's map pack....also not bad. But I'm still
waiting for the master map-makers (Manke, Maverick, Ross Smith, Dave
Johnston, etc.) to post their first offerings. I'm sure my grading
will get tougher when this happens.

Len