gearsec

July 8, 2004 8:37:01 AM

My DVD/CDRW will read data/audio CD's but will no longer read DVD-ROM. I believe that I deleted a file called gearsec which may be crucial. If this is true can I reinstall it? I have the latest firmware for my Matshita drive and I have just purchased Intervideo WinDVD 6 with no luck.

More about : gearsec

July 10, 2004 11:12:18 PM

If you open explorer and and look for the disk (obviously while a DVD is
inserted) does it appear ???
"loadtoad" <loadtoad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My DVD/CDRW will read data/audio CD's but will no longer read DVD-ROM. I
believe that I deleted a file called gearsec which may be crucial. If this
is true can I reinstall it? I have the latest firmware for my Matshita
drive and I have just purchased Intervideo WinDVD 6 with no luck.
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 2:01:03 AM

No, when I load any DVD-ROM it doesn't recognize it. I'm pretty sure my
problems are bigger then I first thought. I seem to be missing my entire
driver database. Whenever I hook up any USB hardware or acessories, my
computer doens't install it automatically. My OS is WinXP Home. I tried
hooking up the same stuff to my brother's computer (basically the same
computer) and his found the drivers and installed it no problem. Windows
update doesn't list any driver updates. My virus checker is up to date and
reports that I'm clean. I have Spybot and Adware, so no idea what to do.

!