virtual memory partition

Last response: in Storage
Share
December 2, 2004 5:42:11 PM

Helo
I've just made a partition with Partition Magic with a view to using
it for the virtual memory.
I have a 20 Go disk with C: E; anf F:
and a 40Go disk with D: and now G:

In system setup - memory , the drop down list to use for vitual
memory shows G: with 0 Mo free.
If I designate it as the place for Virtual memory, on rebooting
windows has gone back to controlling the memory.
If I set F: , which has 4Go free, for the virtual memory windows
accepts it.

Explorer tells me there is I Go free on G:.
I can write to it,

Any ideas.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b G Storage
December 3, 2004 2:07:03 AM

"Colin" <cmcgarry@cpmac.com> wrote in message
> Helo
> I've just made a partition with Partition Magic with a view to using
> it for the virtual memory.
> I have a 20 Go disk with C: E; anf F:
> and a 40Go disk with D: and now G:
>
> In system setup - memory , the drop down list to use for vitual
> memory shows G: with 0 Mo free.
> If I designate it as the place for Virtual memory, on rebooting
> windows has gone back to controlling the memory.
> If I set F: , which has 4Go free, for the virtual memory windows
> accepts it.
>

> Explorer tells me there is I Go free on G:.
> I can write to it,
>
> Any ideas.
Have you formatted G:?
Mike.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b G Storage
December 3, 2004 1:53:15 PM

Hello
I've just reformatted G: , rebooted and it's still the same.

cpmac

"Michael Hawes" <michael.hawes1remove@tiscali.co.uk> a écrit dans le message
de news: 41afa511_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

> "Colin" <cmcgarry@cpmac.com> wrote in message
> > Helo
> > I've just made a partition with Partition Magic with a view to using
> > it for the virtual memory.
> > I have a 20 Go disk with C: E; anf F:
> > and a 40Go disk with D: and now G:
> >
> > In system setup - memory , the drop down list to use for vitual
> > memory shows G: with 0 Mo free.
> > If I designate it as the place for Virtual memory, on rebooting
> > windows has gone back to controlling the memory.
> > If I set F: , which has 4Go free, for the virtual memory windows
> > accepts it.
> >

> > Explorer tells me there is I Go free on G:.
> > I can write to it,
> >
> > Any ideas.
> Have you formatted G:?
> Mike.

Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b G Storage
December 3, 2004 9:54:24 PM

"Colin Mcgarry" <cpmac@club-internet.fr> a écrit dans le message de news:
41b0377a$0$19101$7a628cd7@news.club-internet.fr...
> Hello
> I've just reformatted G: , rebooted and it's still the same.
>

> cpmac
>

> "Michael Hawes" <michael.hawes1remove@tiscali.co.uk> a écrit dans le
message
> de news: 41afa511_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> >
> > "Colin" <cmcgarry@cpmac.com> wrote in message
> > > Helo
> > > I've just made a partition with Partition Magic with a view to using
> > > it for the virtual memory.
> > > I have a 20 Go disk with C: E; anf F:
> > > and a 40Go disk with D: and now G:
> > >
> > > In system setup - memory , the drop down list to use for vitual
> > > memory shows G: with 0 Mo free.
> > > If I designate it as the place for Virtual memory, on rebooting
> > > windows has gone back to controlling the memory.
> > > If I set F: , which has 4Go free, for the virtual memory windows
> > > accepts it.
> > >

> > > Explorer tells me there is I Go free on G:.
> > > I can write to it,
> > >
> > > Any ideas.
> > Have you formatted G:?
> > Mike.