virtual memory partition

Helo
I've just made a partition with Partition Magic with a view to using
it for the virtual memory.
I have a 20 Go disk with C: E; anf F:
and a 40Go disk with D: and now G:

In system setup - memory , the drop down list to use for vitual
memory shows G: with 0 Mo free.
If I designate it as the place for Virtual memory, on rebooting
windows has gone back to controlling the memory.
If I set F: , which has 4Go free, for the virtual memory windows
accepts it.

Explorer tells me there is I Go free on G:.
I can write to it,

Any ideas.
3 answers Last reply
More about virtual memory partition

    "Colin" <cmcgarry@cpmac.com> wrote in message
    > Helo
    > I've just made a partition with Partition Magic with a view to using
    > it for the virtual memory.
    > I have a 20 Go disk with C: E; anf F:
    > and a 40Go disk with D: and now G:
    >
    > In system setup - memory , the drop down list to use for vitual
    > memory shows G: with 0 Mo free.
    > If I designate it as the place for Virtual memory, on rebooting
    > windows has gone back to controlling the memory.
    > If I set F: , which has 4Go free, for the virtual memory windows
    > accepts it.
    >

    > Explorer tells me there is I Go free on G:.
    > I can write to it,
    >
    > Any ideas.
    Have you formatted G:?
    Mike.

    Hello
    I've just reformatted G: , rebooted and it's still the same.

    cpmac

    de news: 41afa511_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

    "Colin Mcgarry" <cpmac@club-internet.fr> a écrit dans le message de news:
    41b0377a$0$19101$7a628cd7@news.club-internet.fr...
    > Hello
    > I've just reformatted G: , rebooted and it's still the same.
    >

    > cpmac
    >

    > "Michael Hawes" <michael.hawes1remove@tiscali.co.uk> a écrit dans le
    message
    > de news: 41afa511_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
    > >
    > > "Colin" <cmcgarry@cpmac.com> wrote in message
    > > > Helo
    > > > I've just made a partition with Partition Magic with a view to using
    > > > it for the virtual memory.
    > > > I have a 20 Go disk with C: E; anf F:
    > > > and a 40Go disk with D: and now G:
    > > >
    > > > In system setup - memory , the drop down list to use for vitual
    > > > memory shows G: with 0 Mo free.
    > > > If I designate it as the place for Virtual memory, on rebooting
    > > > windows has gone back to controlling the memory.
    > > > If I set F: , which has 4Go free, for the virtual memory windows
    > > > accepts it.
    > > >

    > > > Explorer tells me there is I Go free on G:.
    > > > I can write to it,
    > > >
    > > > Any ideas.
    > > Have you formatted G:?
    > > Mike.