Drive Image 7 question

I have been doing periodic imaging of my two drives individually onto a
third drive and always got one file created for each drive. Today I tried
selecting both drives in the beginning. The result surprised me by
creating FOUR files. Two of them appeared similar to the usual two, but
then it created the two additional:

WESTERN.sv2i size = 2KB [identified as a PQ Recovery Environment file]

C Drive s01.v21 size = 2.3 GBY

Anybody have a clue about this? Why the extra files and which procedure is
the proper way to go?

Thanks, Ted

--
testing signature:
scherbe6

Ted Scherbel wrote:
> I have been doing periodic imaging of my two drives individually onto
> a third drive and always got one file created for each drive. Today
> I tried selecting both drives in the beginning. The result surprised
> me by creating FOUR files. Two of them appeared similar to the usual
> two, but then it created the two additional:
>
> WESTERN.sv2i size = 2KB [identified as a PQ Recovery Environment
> file]
>
> C Drive s01.v21 size = 2.3 GBY
>

> Anybody have a clue about this? Why the extra files and which
> procedure is the proper way to go?
>
> Thanks, Ted

These are socalled index files that contain a description of the drives
layout.
It's ok, make sure that the files are joined with the backup. They speed up
the process for a restore issued in the PQRE (PowerQuest Recovery
Envirionment). These files are read whilst doing the restore...

--
M.f.G.
Michael Kimmer

"Ein Tag an dem Du nicht lächelst ist ein verlorener Tag"
"Eine Nacht in der Du nicht schläfst ist eine verschlafene Nacht"