Video Render - bad display

When video plays in games (intros etc), it has horizontal lines that look interlaced, or slightly out of alignment. Had similar problem with media player and avi files, solved through unchecking yuv flipping. How can I turn off the default rendering or something and fix this?
Have the latest drivers, even happens on a fresh OS install. Help is appreciated.