New Harware Not Recognised On Windows XP -Sony Micromv DCR..

Having problems getting Windows XP to recognise my Sony MICROMV DCR-IP7E as new hardware. When plugged in XP makes the new harware recognition sound (and does the same when you disconnect) but I cannot find it in the Hardware Wizard or Device Manager. Also can't pick it up on the file directory. It used to work fine on Windows ME.

With some types of software I get some intermittent recognition but then it quickly disappears. On Windows Movie Maker it simply states "device not connected". So there is some recognition so it's not the connection cables it's something to do with XP. I have done a recovery on the system and also reintalled all software. I have also tried downloading drivers from the Sony web site but all to no avail. Please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about harware recognised windows sony micromv

    See www.papajohn.org and look for the section on sony MMV. MM doesn't have
    compatibility as such with the mmv type. Pinnacle and ulead claim to, but
    it does appear a little hit and miss, but the sony s/ware that came with the
    cam should work
    If you like reading and don't mind doing some searching it has been
    discussed often at
    www.simplydv.com search in the forums, where there are a few happy and
    contented users who will be able to help more.
    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP
    "Hutch" <Hutch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Having problems getting Windows XP to recognise my Sony MICROMV DCR-IP7E
    as new hardware. When plugged in XP makes the new harware recognition sound
    (and does the same when you disconnect) but I cannot find it in the Hardware
    Wizard or Device Manager. Also can't pick it up on the file directory. It
    used to work fine on Windows ME.

    > With some types of software I get some intermittent recognition but then
    it quickly disappears. On Windows Movie Maker it simply states "device not
    connected". So there is some recognition so it's not the connection cables
    it's something to do with XP. I have done a recovery on the system and also
    reintalled all software. I have also tried downloading drivers from the
    Sony web site but all to no avail. Please help.

Video Sony Windows XP