Clip mpg file

July 9, 2004 11:27:03 PM

How can I clip a part of an mpg file in XP WMP

More about : clip mpg file

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 1:46:15 PM

Use an editing app like movie maker. It will depend very much on the codec
used in the mpeg, also it's i frame rate as to where you can clip it and
whether it is importable.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP
"Pick" <Pick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I clip a part of an mpg file in XP WMP
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 12:13:50 AM

>>How can I clip a part of an mpg file in XP WMP

>Use an editing app like movie maker. It will depend very much on the codec
>used in the mpeg, also it's i frame rate as to where you can clip it and
>whether it is importable.

MM2 is not a native mpeg editor, the result will have to be saved as
an avi or wmv and then reencoded to an mpg file by a third-party app
such as TMPGenc.

TMPGenc, which is freeware for mpeg1 processing, is a good mpeg
editor for simple cuts and the result won't need to be reencoded,
making the editing process much faster.
!