Clip mpg file

How can I clip a part of an mpg file in XP WMP
2 answers Last reply
More about clip file

    Use an editing app like movie maker. It will depend very much on the codec
    used in the mpeg, also it's i frame rate as to where you can clip it and
    whether it is importable.
    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP
    "Pick" <Pick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I clip a part of an mpg file in XP WMP

    >>How can I clip a part of an mpg file in XP WMP

    >Use an editing app like movie maker. It will depend very much on the codec
    >used in the mpeg, also it's i frame rate as to where you can clip it and
    >whether it is importable.

    MM2 is not a native mpeg editor, the result will have to be saved as
    an avi or wmv and then reencoded to an mpg file by a third-party app
    such as TMPGenc.

    TMPGenc, which is freeware for mpeg1 processing, is a good mpeg
    editor for simple cuts and the result won't need to be reencoded,
    making the editing process much faster.

Video Microsoft Windows XP