when i try to play a file with the xvid-fov extension
windows media player tells me it doesnt support the
format... usually when this error message comes up (for
different formats) i look on the error details and go
download the codec for it.. i have looked and looked for
a codec for this type of file but have been
unsuccessful.. can anyone help me?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Did you do a Google search?

<Colton0788@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> when i try to play a file with the xvid-fov extension
> windows media player tells me it doesnt support the
> format... usually when this error message comes up (for
> different formats) i look on the error details and go
> download the codec for it.. i have looked and looked for
> a codec for this type of file but have been
> unsuccessful.. can anyone help me?

The first part of the file name says it all, u need the xvid codec, just
google for it. Note there is a programe called g spot which u can download
and it tells u which codecs u have installed and which ones the current file
needs. Very very useful and free as all the best programes are