Canon conundrum

I currently own a Canon A80 with both the Canon WC-DC52 Wide angle and
TC-DC52A Telephoto lens.

A friend of mine wants to sell his G5 and I am interested but am concerned
my lens won't fit the G5. I understand I will have to get a new lens
adapter. I have seen that there are specific wide and telephoto lens for the
G5 but does that positively mean the ones that I have won't fit?

Does any body know for sure?

Thanks

Sie

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 08:39:05 GMT, "Sie" <siejones@freeuk_nocrap_.com> wrote:

>I currently own a Canon A80 with both the Canon WC-DC52 Wide angle and
>TC-DC52A Telephoto lens.
>
>A friend of mine wants to sell his G5 and I am interested but am concerned
>my lens won't fit the G5. I understand I will have to get a new lens
>adapter. I have seen that there are specific wide and telephoto lens for the
>G5 but does that positively mean the ones that I have won't fit?
>
>Does any body know for sure?
>
>Thanks
>
>Sie

I don't know the answer but you might look at:
http://www.lensmateonline.com/ and see if you can find the answer
there. I bought an adapter and some filters for my G-5 there.

Jack Mac

"Jack Mac" <camkcaj@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> I have seen that there are specific wide and telephoto lens for the
> >G5 but does that positively mean the ones that I have won't fit?
> >
> I don't know the answer but you might look at:
> http://www.lensmateonline.com/ and see if you can find the answer
> there. I bought an adapter and some filters for my G-5 there.

Yeah, the 52mm adapter from lensmate should let you use your old canon
lenses, but e-mail and check with them first.
Richard