Strange problem. When i click on a file i can hear the
sound but can't see the video. The only way to watch them
is to open with any another video program and straight
away play it with WMP (this works the other way around
too, tho) I checked the codecs with Gspot and it says i
have two needed codecs installed and it should be
working. I checked all the setting in WMP and it should
open every kind of file (all ticked.
Should i try to uninstall it and reinstall again?

What kind of files are affected?
I bet you're having a problem with your video card driver-
http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html#vdriver
should help fix you up.

-Zach
See http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.
--
"lella" <lella_m_uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Strange problem. When i click on a file i can hear the
> sound but can't see the video. The only way to watch them
> is to open with any another video program and straight
> away play it with WMP (this works the other way around
> too, tho) I checked the codecs with Gspot and it says i
> have two needed codecs installed and it should be
> working. I checked all the setting in WMP and it should
> open every kind of file (all ticked.
> Should i try to uninstall it and reinstall again?

Thank you! I went to your site and changed the video
acceleration as u suggested there and now it works :)
BTW, the Option folder in WMP 9 is under tools and now
view.
Thanks again for your help!!!

confers no rights.
>All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted -
*use the newsgroups*.
>--
>"lella" <lella_m_uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Strange problem. When i click on a file i can hear the
>> sound but can't see the video. The only way to watch
them
>> is to open with any another video program and straight
>> away play it with WMP (this works the other way around
>> too, tho) I checked the codecs with Gspot and it says i
>> have two needed codecs installed and it should be
>> working. I checked all the setting in WMP and it should
>> open every kind of file (all ticked.
>> Should i try to uninstall it and reinstall again?
>

>.

Since the subject is codecs, I have a problem with a
certain video codec known as VQC2. I have searched the
internet and microsoft.com for this codec, but all I get
are unanswered questions on message boards and a listing
of codecs where they point you to ViewQuest
Technologies's website (www.vqti.com) which only has a
FAQ question that is answered with the definition. I have
written the webmaster, but doubt an answer. This codec is
nowhere for download, it would seem. I have several
videos I don't want to lose because of this codec - the
codec came with Windows 98 on my TradeMark Computer, now
replaced with Windows XP. Can anyone help me?