Video color problems

I just recently noticed that the colors for videos on my machine are all
messed up (blue looks green, for example). They weren't two weeks ago, and I
haven't been able to figure out what happened to cause this, or how to get
them back to normal. All videos and players appear to be affected (AVI or
MPEG, using Windows Media Player, RealOne, or PowerDVD). I don't know enough
about the configuration of things in Windows to know what could be common to
all of these files to cause this type of error. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

-Hyrum
2 answers Last reply
More about video color problems

    First try updating the drivers for your graphics card from the graphic card
    manufacturer's website.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Hyrum Paulsen" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >I just recently noticed that the colors for videos on my machine are all
    > messed up (blue looks green, for example). They weren't two weeks ago, and
    > haven't been able to figure out what happened to cause this, or how to get
    > them back to normal. All videos and players appear to be affected (AVI or
    > MPEG, using Windows Media Player, RealOne, or PowerDVD). I don't know
    > enough
    > about the configuration of things in Windows to know what could be common
    > all of these files to cause this type of error. Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated!
    >
    > -Hyrum

    Thank you for the advice -- it put me on the right track. I downloaded a
    previous, known good version of the video driver (I already had the latest),
    and nothing changed. However, I was able to resolve the issue by going into
    the options for some of the driver components.

    For anyone who may like to know, I am using a S3 ProSavage DDR built-in
    card. To resolve the problem, in Control Panel -> Display -> Settings ->
    Advanced -> S3Overlay I clicked on the "Default" button (while a video was
    running, as it required), and the problem is resolved.

    I had not realized that video rendering takes place in the video card
    driver/card. Thank you again for the help!

    -Hyrum

Video Microsoft Windows XP