Windows Movie Maker don't give the audio in a replay

It does show indication that the audio is there but I can not hear it.
My Toshiba laptop does have fine sound.
My new camcorder Panasonic nvgs11 is recording fine.
I download with USB but does not hear any sound when playing back the vedio clips that I have download to the Movie Maker.
Can anybody help?

connect the cam to the laptop using firewire, it is the only real method of
capturing video.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP