mark

This is probably really easy to do, but how do you change the zone for DVD play back. It says that i only have one chance left to change the zone, after that it is stuck for ever. I try to change the zone but it won't let me, says that the drive needs a zone 4 disc with administration rights. Can anyone help.

Thanks

Mark

Yes, you've now exceeded the zone change. Either you send the drive back to
the manufacturer to be reset or you purchase software such as DVD Region
Free from http://www.dvdidle.com/

If you really think you do have one change left, Region 4 is Australia and
PAL. Find one of those DVDs and try. But I think you've already hit your
change limit.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is probably really easy to do, but how do you change the zone for DVD
> play back. It says that i only have one chance left to change the zone,
> after that it is stuck for ever. I try to change the zone but it won't let
> me, says that the drive needs a zone 4 disc with administration rights.
> Can anyone help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

Try dvd idle pro it may well enable u to get round the region locking
without effecting the firmware of the drive a very very useful bit of
software. HTH
"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is probably really easy to do, but how do you change the zone for DVD
play back. It says that i only have one chance left to change the zone,
after that it is stuck for ever. I try to change the zone but it won't let
me, says that the drive needs a zone 4 disc with administration rights. Can
anyone help.

> Thanks
>
> Mark

there are other free dvd region changers
www.dvdrhelp.com and look under tools

TRENDING THREADS