Need Help with ATI RAGE MOBILITY

For a while I crash whenever I try to play a DVD. I determined that I have
a ATI RAGE Video driver. This seems no longer supported by ATI per their
web site. In an earlier post, someone suggested that I reinstall the video
driver from the CD which came with my computer and gave me directions. I
have tried to do this. The last direction is "Remove video adapter from the
device manager" (before Restart) which I hesitate to do, because after I
copied the video into the drivers in my window folder and confirmed folder
replacement, there was only 1 video adapter listed in my device manager. If
I uninstall it, how will it reinstall? I am somewhat of a computer novice
(not total, but also obviously not totally computer literate). Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you click Uninstall for a Graphic Adapter, and then reboot, Windows will
re-find it after the reboot and reinstall the drivers.

However you say in the subject line you have a MOBILITY chip. Get the
updated drivers from the notebook manufacturer's website, NOT the ATI
website. Notebook graphics drivers are specifically built for the notebook
manufacturer, and each manufacturer may have different specs/requirements.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Marilyn Sticklor" <msticklor@comcast.net> wrote in message
> For a while I crash whenever I try to play a DVD. I determined that I
> have
> a ATI RAGE Video driver. This seems no longer supported by ATI per their
> web site. In an earlier post, someone suggested that I reinstall the
> video
> driver from the CD which came with my computer and gave me directions. I
> have tried to do this. The last direction is "Remove video adapter from
> the
> device manager" (before Restart) which I hesitate to do, because after I
> copied the video into the drivers in my window folder and confirmed folder
> replacement, there was only 1 video adapter listed in my device manager.
> If
> I uninstall it, how will it reinstall? I am somewhat of a computer novice
> (not total, but also obviously not totally computer literate). Any help
> would be appreciated. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS