Movie Maker to Edit/Copy from Sony Handycam-made DVD

July 11, 2004 9:21:02 PM

I am new to the Digital video recording world, but I have now mastered the use of my Sony Handycam Digital Camera. I have a Sony Vaio computer with the Movie Maker program installed. I have no problem viewing the homemade DVD's with Media Player, but I can not get Movie Maker to recognize the DVD, so that I may edit and copy my home movies. This is probably a very elementary question, but I've read all the manuals and consulted the Best Buy employees and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also, I can not save the DVD footage to the C Drive because of lack of disk space, even though I've run the disk cleanup several times. I'm at a loss. Please help!
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 3:41:59 AM

I believe your solution is to purchase a large second hard drive, but check
PapaJohn's website.... www.papajohn.org
www.coribright.com

"Salemgrrl" <Salemgrrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to the Digital video recording world, but I have now mastered the
>use of my Sony Handycam Digital Camera. I have a Sony Vaio computer with
>the Movie Maker program installed. I have no problem viewing the homemade
>DVD's with Media Player, but I can not get Movie Maker to recognize the
>DVD, so that I may edit and copy my home movies. This is probably a very
>elementary question, but I've read all the manuals and consulted the Best
>Buy employees and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also, I can not save
>the DVD footage to the C Drive because of lack of disk space, even though
>I've run the disk cleanup several times. I'm at a loss. Please help!
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 12:27:08 PM

A good external hard drive, try E-Buyer.com- Xp is a bit
choosy about recognising drives etc so it may suddenly re-
recognise the drive! (honest) if you're under warranty go
back to the store.
Hardware)

!