Movie Maker to Edit/Copy from Sony Handycam-made DVD

I am new to the Digital video recording world, but I have now mastered the use of my Sony Handycam Digital Camera. I have a Sony Vaio computer with the Movie Maker program installed. I have no problem viewing the homemade DVD's with Media Player, but I can not get Movie Maker to recognize the DVD, so that I may edit and copy my home movies. This is probably a very elementary question, but I've read all the manuals and consulted the Best Buy employees and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also, I can not save the DVD footage to the C Drive because of lack of disk space, even though I've run the disk cleanup several times. I'm at a loss. Please help!
2 answers Last reply
More about movie maker edit copy sony handycam made

    I believe your solution is to purchase a large second hard drive, but check
    PapaJohn's website.... www.papajohn.org
    www.coribright.com

    "Salemgrrl" <Salemgrrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am new to the Digital video recording world, but I have now mastered the
    >use of my Sony Handycam Digital Camera. I have a Sony Vaio computer with
    >the Movie Maker program installed. I have no problem viewing the homemade
    >DVD's with Media Player, but I can not get Movie Maker to recognize the
    >DVD, so that I may edit and copy my home movies. This is probably a very
    >elementary question, but I've read all the manuals and consulted the Best
    >Buy employees and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also, I can not save
    >the DVD footage to the C Drive because of lack of disk space, even though
    >I've run the disk cleanup several times. I'm at a loss. Please help!

    A good external hard drive, try E-Buyer.com- Xp is a bit
    choosy about recognising drives etc so it may suddenly re-
    recognise the drive! (honest) if you're under warranty go
    back to the store.
    Hardware)
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"Salemgrrl" <Salemgrrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message
    >>I am new to the Digital video recording world, but I
    have now mastered the
    >>use of my Sony Handycam Digital Camera. I have a Sony
    Vaio computer with
    >>the Movie Maker program installed. I have no problem
    viewing the homemade
    >>DVD's with Media Player, but I can not get Movie Maker
    to recognize the
    >>DVD, so that I may edit and copy my home movies. This
    is probably a very
    >>elementary question, but I've read all the manuals and
    consulted the Best
    >>Buy employees and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Also, I can not save
    >>the DVD footage to the C Drive because of lack of disk
    space, even though
    >>I've run the disk cleanup several times. I'm at a
    loss. Please help!

    >.

Video DVD Movie Maker Windows XP