Stephen

Has anyone actually gotten a Sony Digital Camcorder to work with XP? I have a dcr-trv30 that works fine in USB mode for stills but won't work with my firewire card for video. The card is installed properly because other devices work, and the camera works fine on a Mac when I plug it in to download video.

I've got a Digital 8 TRV which works fine. I'll suggest
the obvious to rule that out! Firewire cable all ok? is
the firewire card recognised in device manager? What
software package are you using to capture - check for an
update/patch - check that the model camcorder you have is
compatible i.e. visit the Sony site?. Check that when you
switch on that XP recognises the camcorder before you
start the editing package (the image of a camcorder will
appear in the My Computer window as an additional
removable storage device).

Hope that helps