Video on Web Page

I've speak a week trying to figure out videos on my web page. There's certainly nothing that explains this in a simple, straightforward way.

I've got a wmv that's 85 mg large. When I place it on my sight it takes far too long to download. Is wmv the best format or is Quicktime better?

Also, what about codecs?

What exactly is WMV 9 VCM. I've searched the microsoft website for a straight answer on this and gotten noting but a lot of language I don't understand. I've downloaded this product, used it to compress my 85mg file, but got a file format that doesn't seem to work on a website.

Please advise, thanks.

WMV 9 VCM is a different way to interface with the WMV9 codec, so that it
can be used in non-ASF containers such as AVI.

A big file is a big file: any big file would take a long while to download.
Generally both MOV and WMV should be able to pseudo-stream from your web
site pretty easily, so ... it's partly a personal choice. I'll stay away
from the qualitative issues since I work at MS. =)

-Zach
See http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.