Out of focus photos

I have an 8 meg Sony DSC-F828 and their flash HVL-F32X. I took many photos
at a Convention and about 10% were out of focus using the F32X flash. At a
previous convention I did not have that flash but I had no out focus photos
using the in-camera flash but some had insufficient light. Has anyone else
had an out of focus condition such as this?

"Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
> I have an 8 meg Sony DSC-F828 and their flash HVL-F32X. I took many
photos
> at a Convention and about 10% were out of focus using the F32X flash. At
> previous convention I did not have that flash but I had no out focus
photos
> using the in-camera flash but some had insufficient light. Has anyone else
> had an out of focus condition such as this?

The camera has to focus before the flash goes off, which most often means in
dim light. That is a problem for digicams. One solution is to set the
focus manually. Digicams have better depth of focus than film cameras.