Dantz Retrospect Express HD Problems?

Does anyone here use Dantz Retrospect Express HD? It is the software
that came bundled with my Maxtor "One-Touch" external drive.

It appears to lock up on me every time I try to change the defaults.

O/S = Win XP

Doug

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Doug Ellice wrote:
> Does anyone here use Dantz Retrospect Express HD? It is the software
> that came bundled with my Maxtor "One-Touch" external drive.
>
> It appears to lock up on me every time I try to change the defaults.
>
> O/S = Win XP
>
> Doug

I haven't had that sort of problem. I got version 5.6 with my Maxtor
and it worked OK. I upgraded to 6.5 and still no problems. I'm using
Win XP before and after SP2.

John

John wrote:

> Doug Ellice wrote:
>
>> Does anyone here use Dantz Retrospect Express HD? It is the software
>> that came bundled with my Maxtor "One-Touch" external drive.
>>
>> It appears to lock up on me every time I try to change the defaults.
>>
>> O/S = Win XP
>>
>> Doug
>

> I haven't had that sort of problem. I got version 5.6 with my Maxtor
> and it worked OK. I upgraded to 6.5 and still no problems. I'm using
> Win XP before and after SP2.
>
> John

I'm not a Dantz expert, but if you're talking about versions 5 and 6,
you're not talking about the same Dantz program I have....

Doug

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Doug Ellice wrote:

> John wrote:
>
>> Doug Ellice wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone here use Dantz Retrospect Express HD? It is the software
>>> that came bundled with my Maxtor "One-Touch" external drive.
>>>
>>> It appears to lock up on me every time I try to change the defaults.
>>>
>>> O/S = Win XP
>>>
>>> Doug
>>

>> I haven't had that sort of problem. I got version 5.6 with my Maxtor
>> and it worked OK. I upgraded to 6.5 and still no problems. I'm using
>> Win XP before and after SP2.
>>
>> John
>

> I'm not a Dantz expert, but if you're talking about versions 5 and 6,
> you're not talking about the same Dantz program I have....
>
> Doug
Ah! There may be the problem. I'm no expert either. My Maxtor 80 GB
'one touch' came with Dantz Retrospect Express (Version 5.6). The
'express' version has somewhat less features than the 'professional'
version. Last month I saw where the latest 'express' version was 6.5
and I could upgrade for about $20.00 so I did.

Sorry, but that's all I know.

John

John wrote:

> My Maxtor 80 GB
> 'one touch' came with Dantz Retrospect Express (Version 5.6). The
> 'express' version has somewhat less features than the 'professional'
> version. Last month I saw where the latest 'express' version was 6.5
> and I could upgrade for about $20.00 so I did.
>
> Sorry, but that's all I know.
>
> John

Maxtor now ships DRE "HD". It is not supported on the Dantz website
because it is an OEM product. Neither does any upgrade for it appear to
be available.

Thanks for trying to help. I guess I'll just stop using the software
and use BackUpMyPC.

Doug