MY COMPUTER DOESNT KNOW MY VIDEO CARD IS INSTALLED! HELP!!!

I just reformatted my computer because of a virus, and now im having trouble getting my computer to recognize my sound card and video card. I already tried installing the drivers but whenever i try to install then i get an error that the installation failed. I have no idea what i should do.

Well what graphics card and sound card do you have?

If they are part of the motherboard, did you download and install the
motherboard drivers?

Have you been to the manufacturer's websites and downloaded the latest
drivers for your cards?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com