Content of Partition Became Unreadable

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi all,

I tried to retrieve some files from my backup drive, a Maxtor 80GB. It
was a standalone drive that dual-booted with Win2k and WinXP. When I
got a larger drive this was keep as a storage drive.

When I first connected the drive to my computer, it was not recognized,
and when I changed the jumper around and rebooted the drive appeared.

The problem now is the content of one of the partitions is bunch of
unreadable files. Hundred of files of 779k to 781k, with names that
looked more Korean than English (hexa-decimal?).
Any way to fix this?

Any help is greatly appreciated

jcombalicer

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

i also have two maxtor 80GB and i only use it for only 4months and it
fail the sad part of it was, they forfeit the warranty, i promise to
myself never to buy any maxtor product anymore. Its a waste of money
considering am just a student... so sad thats my allowance going to
waste.... maxtor doesnt even respond to my question, why? :?