no video for desktop

I have just installed windows XP home. I have video all the
way up to the point where the desktop should be showing up.
But all I get is a blank screen. I know its starting
because i can hear sounds. I have changed the card and from
onboard to agp. Can anybody help?
1 answer Last reply
More about video desktop

    try booting in to safe mode and then choosing enable vga mode.
    Try in safe mode and ensure you have the latest drivers installed.
    From the bios make sure you have disabled the onboard video.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP
    <waddles36@gawab.com> wrote in message
    > I have just installed windows XP home. I have video all the
    > way up to the point where the desktop should be showing up.
    > But all I get is a blank screen. I know its starting
    > because i can hear sounds. I have changed the card and from
    > onboard to agp. Can anybody help?

Video Desktops Windows XP