no video for desktop

July 15, 2004 4:50:23 PM

I have just installed windows XP home. I have video all the
way up to the point where the desktop should be showing up.
But all I get is a blank screen. I know its starting
because i can hear sounds. I have changed the card and from
onboard to agp. Can anybody help?

More about : video desktop

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 7:33:55 PM

try booting in to safe mode and then choosing enable vga mode.
Try in safe mode and ensure you have the latest drivers installed.
From the bios make sure you have disabled the onboard video.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP