video games bad quality video

July 16, 2004 1:00:08 AM

When I'm playing games on my pc like Test Drive, the video breaks up a lot
and it doesn't flow like it does on tv. Is there a software out there to
solve this problem?
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 7:43:01 PM

Get the most current drivers/software from the mfg site.
You can also go to run,type:D XDIAG And run the direct X utility.

"bendo" wrote:

> When I'm playing games on my pc like Test Drive, the video breaks up a lot
> and it doesn't flow like it does on tv. Is there a software out there to
> solve this problem?

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 9:53:21 PM

bendo wrote:
> When I'm playing games on my pc like Test Drive, the video breaks up a lot
> and it doesn't flow like it does on tv. Is there a software out there to
> solve this problem?

That's called vertical sync--and you don't have it enabled.

Control Panel, Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, then your video
card. You are looking for vertical sync in DirectX and OpenGL (if you
have it). It will be different on each card (but is in the same place
for nVidia and ATI Catalyst cards).

courtney sends....
!