Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

my dvd drive will not playback, or read dvd's in its drive. it will read & playback audio, video cd's, and data disc. what happened?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

WinXP does not play DVDs unless decoder software or codecs are installed.

Try here:
http://www.intervideo.com/products/custom/ms/windowsxp/media_pack.jsp

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my dvd drive will not playback, or read dvd's in its drive. it will read
& playback audio, video cd's, and data disc. what happened?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

i installed windvd6. still no playback of dvds or recognition of dvd in drive.
--
rv1504

"Jerry" wrote:

> WinXP does not play DVDs unless decoder software or codecs are installed.
>
> Try here:
> http://www.intervideo.com/products/custom/ms/windowsxp/media_pack.jsp
>
> "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my dvd drive will not playback, or read dvd's in its drive. it will read
> & playback audio, video cd's, and data disc. what happened?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Why did you not download the XPack program from the site I posted?

It will work with Windows Media Player 8 and up and play movies from your
DVD player. I know it will because I had a similar problem with playing DVDs
until I downloaded and used it