How do I improve video quality from miniDV camera

Hi,
When I transfer video from my sony miniDV camera to my computer and burn it to a disk, the quality of video is terrible. Is there any tweaks or other way I can improve the quality for playback on my dvd player? Thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about improve video quality minidv camera

    Hi.
    You didnt say what caputure programme you were
    using....but what ever programme u use, the chances are in
    the options/ configuration file of the programme there
    will be a bit where you can change from high low best
    custom etc quality.
    Setting this to high will do the job.
    Depending on how big your drive is and how much DV you
    want to capture and if your pc is fast enough to capture
    at this rate. if not select the next one down.
    If no joy. get a demo/buy of nero and vision express. this
    programme is fully settable to what ever you want.
    its well worth the dosh.

    As for tweaks on your dvd player...you get what is on the
    disc, so sorry u got to burn it again.. use it as a
    coaster. :-)
    Have fun

    Phill

  2. Use the S-Video output from the camera or a firewire cable for a lossless transfer. Set your DVD burner on the XL or high quality setting. Using the RCA composite cables and Long Play settings on the burner will give you low quality results.

Video MiniDV Cameras Windows XP