How do I improve video quality from miniDV camera

July 16, 2004 10:32:02 PM

Hi,
When I transfer video from my sony miniDV camera to my computer and burn it to a disk, the quality of video is terrible. Is there any tweaks or other way I can improve the quality for playback on my dvd player? Thanks in advance
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 3:50:13 AM

Hi.
You didnt say what caputure programme you were
using....but what ever programme u use, the chances are in
the options/ configuration file of the programme there
will be a bit where you can change from high low best
custom etc quality.
Setting this to high will do the job.
Depending on how big your drive is and how much DV you
want to capture and if your pc is fast enough to capture
at this rate. if not select the next one down.
If no joy. get a demo/buy of nero and vision express. this
programme is fully settable to what ever you want.
its well worth the dosh.

As for tweaks on your dvd player...you get what is on the
disc, so sorry u got to burn it again.. use it as a
coaster. :-)
Have fun

Phill

September 15, 2009 7:10:45 PM

Use the S-Video output from the camera or a firewire cable for a lossless transfer. Set your DVD burner on the XL or high quality setting. Using the RCA composite cables and Long Play settings on the burner will give you low quality results.
!