video resolution

I just bought a game for my pc. It plays fine but when I
try to improve the video resolution for it it slows down.
My monitor has a resolution of 1024x768x60 but the
highest I can get the game without affecting the playing
speed is 800x600x32. Do I need more ram? The video board
is on the motherboard which is very new. Do I need a
special video board for gaming? Any help or sugestions
would be appreciated.

You are runnig the game with the integrated graphics on
your motherborad, I think you need a AGP grphics card,
that will probably solve your problem.