HELP: Hard Disk Error

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
December 21, 2004 10:34:47 AM

Hi,

I a newbie of newsgroup.

My hard disk (Fujitsu MPE317AE) has worked without errors for four
years. Lastly I tried to make a ghost image using Linux DD. DD reported
an input/output error.
Next I downloaded a diagnostic tool from Fujitsu and an error was
reported with code B101E3. Fujitsu hasnt. replied my request for more
information

Does anybody know what kind of error this is ?
My operating systems: Linux and Win98 do not report any error codes.

Any help is appreciated,

Bas

More about : hard disk error

Anonymous
a b G Storage
December 21, 2004 10:34:48 AM

Is this the first time you are preparing a ghost using DD? Or have you
done this several times and the message is new? If its the first time
your setup is most probably wrong, check permissions and partition
mappings
!