MagicStor MicroDrive OK on 2210?

May 8, 2004 2:16:44 PM

I'm thinking of digging deep into my pocket for either an outrageously
expensive 2GB CF card, or a merely very expensive 'MagicStor
MicroDrive (CompactFlash fit) Memory Card'. Has anyone tried one of
these in an iPAQ PPC please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

On Sat, 08 May 2004 10:16:44 +0100, Terry Pinnell <terrypin@dial.pipex.com>
wrote:

>I'm thinking of digging deep into my pocket for either an outrageously
>expensive 2GB CF card, or a merely very expensive 'MagicStor
>MicroDrive (CompactFlash fit) Memory Card'. Has anyone tried one of
>these in an iPAQ PPC please?

I have/had a Magicstor 2.2GB drive, it's now at the warranty center in Hong
Kong, yeah no service in the USA. And it made it thru half of a BOC tune and
died, stopped dead, no response. If I had it to do over I'd got for either a
2GB CF or two 1GB CF cards. Those little drive are delicate.
Anonymous
May 9, 2004 1:37:47 PM

Simon Jester <sjester911@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 08 May 2004 10:16:44 +0100, Terry Pinnell <terrypin@dial.pipex.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I'm thinking of digging deep into my pocket for either an outrageously
>>expensive 2GB CF card, or a merely very expensive 'MagicStor
>>MicroDrive (CompactFlash fit) Memory Card'. Has anyone tried one of
>>these in an iPAQ PPC please?
>
>I have/had a Magicstor 2.2GB drive, it's now at the warranty center in Hong
>Kong, yeah no service in the USA. And it made it thru half of a BOC tune and
>died, stopped dead, no response. If I had it to do over I'd got for either a
>2GB CF or two 1GB CF cards. Those little drive are delicate.

Thanks. That's similar to negative feedback I had on Brighthand. I'd
dearly love 2GB (or 4!), but they are just so expensive at present, at
least here in UK.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.