Airport Express Setup

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 19, 2004 9:27:02 AM

I spent about 5 hours trying to set up my new Airport
Express to work with my existing Netgear network and my new hp pavilion
ze4600. After more than one hour with Apple's tech support, Apple tech
support concluded that the Broadcom 802.1b/g adapter was incompatible with
the Airport Express...?

Is this a problem that other HP users have found...or attempted?

More about : airport express setup

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 6:09:07 PM

Not sure if this will help you, but here's how I got AirPort Express to work
in my Windows XP setup: Connect AE via Ethernet to router and configure it
with Admin Utility. I preceded the 128-bit key with a $ and manually
configured the IP address rather than letting the router give it out. I'm not
sure which caused it to work, but after 5 days of fiddling with it, I was
happy to get it to work.

!