Airport Express Setup

I spent about 5 hours trying to set up my new Airport
Express to work with my existing Netgear network and my new hp pavilion
ze4600. After more than one hour with Apple's tech support, Apple tech
support concluded that the Broadcom 802.1b/g adapter was incompatible with
the Airport Express...?

Is this a problem that other HP users have found...or attempted?
1 answer Last reply
More about airport express setup

    Not sure if this will help you, but here's how I got AirPort Express to work
    in my Windows XP setup: Connect AE via Ethernet to router and configure it
    with Admin Utility. I preceded the 128-bit key with a $ and manually
    configured the IP address rather than letting the router give it out. I'm not
    sure which caused it to work, but after 5 days of fiddling with it, I was
    happy to get it to work.

    "CALovell" wrote:

    > I spent about 5 hours trying to set up my new Airport
    > Express to work with my existing Netgear network and my new hp pavilion
    > ze4600. After more than one hour with Apple's tech support, Apple tech
    > support concluded that the Broadcom 802.1b/g adapter was incompatible with
    > the Airport Express...?
    >
    > Is this a problem that other HP users have found...or attempted?

Wireless Networking