PC communication on wireless network?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 19, 2004 12:48:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I have a DSL network at home with one desktop PC connected directly to the
Super G wireless router via ethernet cable, and two laptops connected using
Super G PC cards. My personal laptop is configured to connect to my
company's network domain, and I would like to use the same profile to
connect at home.

How do I configure these machines so that each can see each other and
communicate and share resources among themselves?

Mervin Williams
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 1:56:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

quoted form http://www.ChicagoTech.net
Q: How can I share files between workgroup computer and domain/workgroup
computer?

I have a home wireless network and share files and a printer between two
computers. I also use Win 2000/XP laptop at work with domain network. How
can I share files between these computers at home?

A: Deepening on your network setup, you may 1) Logon local laptop using the
same logon id and password on both machine.
2) change workgroup name to match win2000 domain and the laptop needs to
install at home first ad then join the domain .
3) without changing the workgroup name and logon ID, just enable guest
account in win 2000/XP.
4) If you are running XP, enable Simple File Sharing.
5) logon domain user on the domain laptop (even the workgroup is different),
use command net use \\workgroupcomputer /user:administrator, (here
administrator is workgroup computer local administrator), the enter
workgroup computer administrator password. You should be able to access the
workgroup resources.

--
For more and other information, go to http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN, Anti-Virus, Tips & Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> wrote in message
>I have a DSL network at home with one desktop PC connected directly to the
> Super G wireless router via ethernet cable, and two laptops connected
> using
> Super G PC cards. My personal laptop is configured to connect to my
> company's network domain, and I would like to use the same profile to
> connect at home.
>
> How do I configure these machines so that each can see each other and
> communicate and share resources among themselves?
>
> Mervin Williams

August 20, 2004 3:33:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Hi.
It is possible that because of the Domain you would not be able to do so.
Make your own setting at Home(Better and safer), get this program and enjoy:
www.netswitcher.com
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Robert L [MS-MVP]" <noreply@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> quoted form http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> Q: How can I share files between workgroup computer and domain/workgroup
> computer?
>
> I have a home wireless network and share files and a printer between two
> computers. I also use Win 2000/XP laptop at work with domain network.
How
> can I share files between these computers at home?
>
> A: Deepening on your network setup, you may 1) Logon local laptop using
the
> same logon id and password on both machine.
> 2) change workgroup name to match win2000 domain and the laptop needs to
> install at home first ad then join the domain .
> 3) without changing the workgroup name and logon ID, just enable guest
> account in win 2000/XP.
> 4) If you are running XP, enable Simple File Sharing.
> 5) logon domain user on the domain laptop (even the workgroup is
different),
> use command net use \\workgroupcomputer /user:administrator, (here
> administrator is workgroup computer local administrator), the enter
> workgroup computer administrator password. You should be able to access
the
> workgroup resources.
>

> --
> For more and other information, go to http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>
> Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
> Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more
help.

> Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN, Anti-Virus, Tips & Troubleshooting on
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
>
> "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> wrote in message
> >I have a DSL network at home with one desktop PC connected directly to
the
> > Super G wireless router via ethernet cable, and two laptops connected
> > using
> > Super G PC cards. My personal laptop is configured to connect to my
> > company's network domain, and I would like to use the same profile to
> > connect at home.
> >
> > How do I configure these machines so that each can see each other and
> > communicate and share resources among themselves?
> >
> > Mervin Williams

August 24, 2004 3:32:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Check-out Plug and Browse (http://www.interactive-studios.net).
It allows you to store multiple network configurations and switch
between them as needed. The program can store network connection
settings, computer name and domain, SMTP server, Internet Explorer,
etc.

!