Can't play video off Internet

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

When I try to play any video off the Internet I get
error message 0xC00D1197 . I follow the troubleshooting
directions for that error message but they've yet to help
and I continue to get the same error. I'm guessing I
have setting or connection wrong, but haven't a clue how
to correct the problem.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

"CK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to play any video off the Internet I get
> error message 0xC00D1197 . I follow the troubleshooting
> directions for that error message but they've yet to help
> and I continue to get the same error. I'm guessing I
> have setting or connection wrong, but haven't a clue how
> to correct the problem.
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx#c00d1197_0x00000000

Hope that helps,
Ian.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it hasn't fixed the
problem. I change/check all my settings as suggested, but
continue to get the same error message. Any other ideas?
Thanks again.

Hi there,

Microsoft has two articles about error 0xC00D1197 at
http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-us&qu=0xC00D1197.
When you said you've gone through troubleshooting process, did you
mean these two?

I can think of two reasons for error 0xC00D1197, besides corrupted
installation of MP9.

First reason could be Firewall settings. If you have a Firewall
anywhere between your computer and the site you're watching: at home,
your main office or ISP then that Firewall might filter out the video
steream. For more details about Firewall settings visit
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/serve/firewall.aspx

Second reason could be a missing Codec. If a video stream you're
trying to watch was encoded with Codec that isn't on your computer
then your computer won't be able to properly decode video stream
you're trying to watch. Do you recieve error 0xC00D1197 with all WEB
sites hosting videos or one particular?

For your testing purposes you're welcome to try watching videos from
http://www.videoclassified.com.

Regards, Aharon.

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<2eb6001c46d8b$b104f3b0$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> [...]

won't be able to properly decode video stram you're trying to watch. Do you
recieve error 0xC00D1197 with all WEB sites hosting videos or one
particular?

For your testing purposes you're welcome to try watching videos from
http://www.videoclassified.com. So far I haven't heard anybody complaining
about recieveing problems or about quality of hosted videos.

Regards, Aharon.

VIDEO: <http://www.videoclassified.com/pres1/>
E-Mail: advertiser@videoclassified.com
<mailto:advertiser@videoclassified.com>
Phone: 416-418-5127
WEB: <http://www.videoclassified.com/>

"CK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to play any video off the Internet I get
> error message 0xC00D1197 . I follow the troubleshooting
> directions for that error message but they've yet to help
> and I continue to get the same error. I'm guessing I
> have setting or connection wrong, but haven't a clue how
> to correct the problem.
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS