How can I take a photo from a video file?

Hi everyone, i would like to know how can I take a PrintScreen or something
else that let me take a picture from a video file, a film for example. I was
ttrying to do it but when I type the PrintScreen key and later I type Ctrl +
V in a image viewer tool the only I get it's a black picture.
I hope you can help me
Thanks in Advanced
Rossalis
3 answers Last reply
More about photo video file

    windows media encoder I believe can do this from the likes of WMP, have
    alook at www.papajohn.org where John has done some of this.
    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP
    "Rossalis" <rossalis@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone, i would like to know how can I take a PrintScreen or
    something
    > else that let me take a picture from a video file, a film for example. I
    was
    > ttrying to do it but when I type the PrintScreen key and later I type Ctrl
    +
    > V in a image viewer tool the only I get it's a black picture.
    > I hope you can help me
    > Thanks in Advanced
    > Rossalis

    Where can I free download the windows media encoder file?
    Thanks again
    Rossalis

    "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    > windows media encoder I believe can do this from the likes of WMP, have
    > alook at www.papajohn.org where John has done some of this.
    > Graham
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP
    > www.simplydv.co.uk
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > "Rossalis" <rossalis@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi everyone, i would like to know how can I take a PrintScreen or
    > something
    > > else that let me take a picture from a video file, a film for example. I
    > was
    > > ttrying to do it but when I type the PrintScreen key and later I type
    Ctrl
    > +
    > > V in a image viewer tool the only I get it's a black picture.
    > > I hope you can help me
    > > Thanks in Advanced
    > > Rossalis

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5691ba02-e496-465a-
    bba9-b2f1182cdf24&DisplayLang=en

    --
    > Where can I free download the windows media encoder file?
    > Thanks again
    > Rossalis
    >
    > "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in
    message
    > > windows media encoder I believe can do this from the likes of WMP, have
    > > alook at www.papajohn.org where John has done some of this.
    > > Graham
    > >
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP
    > > www.simplydv.co.uk
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > "Rossalis" <rossalis@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi everyone, i would like to know how can I take a PrintScreen or
    > > something
    > > > else that let me take a picture from a video file, a film for example.
    > > was
    > > > ttrying to do it but when I type the PrintScreen key and later I type
    > Ctrl
    > > +
    > > > V in a image viewer tool the only I get it's a black picture.
    > > > I hope you can help me
    > > > Thanks in Advanced
    > > > Rossalis

Video Photo Microsoft Windows XP