Gateway Solo 2150 upgrade question

Archived from groups: comp.laptops,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

I'm trying to gather info to upgrade my brother's Solo 2150. The support at
Gateway is only marginal at best.

I'd like to put a Hitachi 40GB 7K60 7200 RPM drive in but the indications
are that 32GB is the max. acceptable. I wouldn't care if 8GB was
inaccessible, as long as it works.

Has anyone successfully upgraded to >32GB?

Also: Is there a drive caddy that is required for this machine? It is
apparent that it can accept up to 12.7mm drives, and may need a caddy to
hold a newer 9.5mm drive.
1 answer Last reply
More about gateway solo 2150 upgrade question

    "ChrisP" chrispatterNOSPAM@NOTexcite.com
    writes
    >I'm trying to gather info to upgrade my >brother's Solo 2150. The support at
    >Gateway is only marginal at best.

    I'm surprised. My (extended) family had six G'ways between us since 1996.
    Customer service was excellent. Unfortunately, the quality of the product was
    not as expected. I'm hoping Dell provides better equipment (for me, this time
    'round).

Gateway Storage