I just set up a Dell computer that was given to me, and
when I launch "DVD Player" from my list or programs, in
order to watch a DVD, I receive an error message stating
that the DVD player was configured for Windows Millennium
and that there may be problems upgrading to XP. It then
gives me the option to read a generated Report. This
report talks about potential problems upgrading to XP, but
the computer is already running XP. When I attempt to open
the "help" or "read me" option under DVD Player, they tell
me that the "shortcut is missing" and nothing opens. I
have Windows Media Player 9 installed, but I believe I
need some kind of DVD Player software in order to use it,
correct? Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? If
it's a matter of downloading another manufacturer's
software, I'll do it, but I want to be sure that will
solve the problem. Thanks!

Hello

You will have to remove the currect DVD software and
install one that supports Win XO ok try the link below.

http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Product_Download.jsp?p=WinDVD

Alvin