DVD Decoder for Windows media player

I upgraded to XP fgrom ME and I tried to play a DVD it
states I need to update my decoder, I have down loaded
the media player for XP home. The message states to check
with your DVD software manufacturer for an up date. I
called microsoft to no avail they sent me here for
assistance. Will appreciate any information you can
supply to resolve this issue.
3 answers Last reply
More about decoder windows media player

    They sent you here w/o youre problem solved....
    You need to install software such as.Power DVD,or
    similiar,usually the DVD hardware comes with the cd for it.

    "Robert Peres" wrote:

    > I upgraded to XP fgrom ME and I tried to play a DVD it
    > states I need to update my decoder, I have down loaded
    > the media player for XP home. The message states to check
    > with your DVD software manufacturer for an up date. I
    > called microsoft to no avail they sent me here for
    > assistance. Will appreciate any information you can
    > supply to resolve this issue.

    Yeah I have about the same problem, I need help with it my windows media
    player says it can not play dvds cause it needs a driver where can I get it ?

    "Robert Peres" wrote:

    > I upgraded to XP fgrom ME and I tried to play a DVD it
    > states I need to update my decoder, I have down loaded
    > the media player for XP home. The message states to check
    > with your DVD software manufacturer for an up date. I
    > called microsoft to no avail they sent me here for
    > assistance. Will appreciate any information you can
    > supply to resolve this issue.

    It's not a driver, it's a decoder. Third party software such as PowerDVD or
    WinDVD.

    www.gocyberlink.com or www.intervideo.com.

    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Nicholas Carlson" <Nicholas Carlson @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:A3DDA524-611A-497D-951E-3067D70F7FDC@microsoft.com...
    > Yeah I have about the same problem, I need help with it my windows media
    > player says it can not play dvds cause it needs a driver where can I get
    > it ?
    >
    > "Robert Peres" wrote:
    >
    >> I upgraded to XP fgrom ME and I tried to play a DVD it
    >> states I need to update my decoder, I have down loaded
    >> the media player for XP home. The message states to check
    >> with your DVD software manufacturer for an up date. I
    >> called microsoft to no avail they sent me here for
    >> assistance. Will appreciate any information you can
    >> supply to resolve this issue.

Video Media Player DVD Windows XP Microsoft Decoder