I upgraded to XP fgrom ME and I tried to play a DVD it
states I need to update my decoder, I have down loaded
the media player for XP home. The message states to check
with your DVD software manufacturer for an up date. I
called microsoft to no avail they sent me here for
assistance. Will appreciate any information you can
supply to resolve this issue.

They sent you here w/o youre problem solved....
You need to install software such as.Power DVD,or
similiar,usually the DVD hardware comes with the cd for it.

"Robert Peres" wrote:

> I upgraded to XP fgrom ME and I tried to play a DVD it
> states I need to update my decoder, I have down loaded
> the media player for XP home. The message states to check
> with your DVD software manufacturer for an up date. I
> called microsoft to no avail they sent me here for
> assistance. Will appreciate any information you can
> supply to resolve this issue.

Yeah I have about the same problem, I need help with it my windows media
player says it can not play dvds cause it needs a driver where can I get it ?

"Robert Peres" wrote:

> I upgraded to XP fgrom ME and I tried to play a DVD it
> states I need to update my decoder, I have down loaded
> the media player for XP home. The message states to check
> with your DVD software manufacturer for an up date. I
> called microsoft to no avail they sent me here for
> assistance. Will appreciate any information you can
> supply to resolve this issue.

It's not a driver, it's a decoder. Third party software such as PowerDVD or
WinDVD.

www.gocyberlink.com or www.intervideo.com.

--
Cari (MS-MVP)