Alternatives to MM2?

First let me say that I love MM2. I love how easy it is and the results are great. My only problem is that it doesnt burn DVD's or make chapter points.. I have been using EZCD6 to encode and burn.

My question is, what other software does it all and works as easy, with as good a result and also burns. I use the timeline feature so I can add music, transitions, titles, credits and such.

However, its sort of a pain in the neck to make little movies, convert them to DV-AVI the put them in a folder then move them to EZCD6 then put them in chapters then encode to MPEG2 then burn.

Any help would be appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about alternatives

    Most work the same, although you can get integrated apps like pinnacle
    studio 9 or ulead video studio 8 (i think it's now 8) A lot will depend on
    how much money you want to spend, adobe do creative suite, which gives
    fantastic results, but is very hard to learn and costs about $1,000!!
    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP
    "BigEd" <BigEd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > First let me say that I love MM2. I love how easy it is and the results
    are great. My only problem is that it doesnt burn DVD's or make chapter
    points.. I have been using EZCD6 to encode and burn.

    > My question is, what other software does it all and works as easy, with as
    good a result and also burns. I use the timeline feature so I can add
    music, transitions, titles, credits and such.

    > However, its sort of a pain in the neck to make little movies, convert
    them to DV-AVI the put them in a folder then move them to EZCD6 then put
    them in chapters then encode to MPEG2 then burn.

    > Any help would be appreciated.

    I am thinking Pinnacle Studio 8 or Ulead VideoStudio. Have you ever used them?

    "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:

    > Most work the same, although you can get integrated apps like pinnacle
    > studio 9 or ulead video studio 8 (i think it's now 8) A lot will depend on
    > how much money you want to spend, adobe do creative suite, which gives
    > fantastic results, but is very hard to learn and costs about $1,000!!
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP
    > www.simplydv.co.uk
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > "BigEd" <BigEd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > First let me say that I love MM2. I love how easy it is and the results
    > are great. My only problem is that it doesnt burn DVD's or make chapter
    > points.. I have been using EZCD6 to encode and burn.
    > >
    > > My question is, what other software does it all and works as easy, with as
    > good a result and also burns. I use the timeline feature so I can add
    > music, transitions, titles, credits and such.
    > >
    > > However, its sort of a pain in the neck to make little movies, convert
    > them to DV-AVI the put them in a folder then move them to EZCD6 then put
    > them in chapters then encode to MPEG2 then burn.
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated.

    I used studio back in version 1. I have never used uleads. From experience
    on bulletin boards studio 9 is very easy to use, will go from start to
    finish. If it works it works great, if it doesn't it can be a nightmare.
    They sell millions, and have lots of happy customers, of course we only hear
    from unhappy people.
    Ulead, maybe not as easy to get to grips with, but not hard by any means,
    much more stable, perhaps a slightly better encoder included and when making
    a dvd this makes a lot of difference.

    Visit the forums at www.simplydv.com and you'll see we have users of both,
    they'll be only too happy to help you out with questions and answers.

    My personal one would be to go with ulead.

    I use canopus/adobe/ulead, but then make a living from it :)

    --

    > I am thinking Pinnacle Studio 8 or Ulead VideoStudio. Have you ever used
    them?

    > "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:
    >
    > > Most work the same, although you can get integrated apps like pinnacle
    > > studio 9 or ulead video studio 8 (i think it's now 8) A lot will depend
    on
    > > how much money you want to spend, adobe do creative suite, which gives
    > > fantastic results, but is very hard to learn and costs about $1,000!!
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP
    > > www.simplydv.co.uk
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > "BigEd" <BigEd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > First let me say that I love MM2. I love how easy it is and the
    results
    > > are great. My only problem is that it doesnt burn DVD's or make chapter
    > > points.. I have been using EZCD6 to encode and burn.
    > > >
    > > > My question is, what other software does it all and works as easy,
    with as
    > > good a result and also burns. I use the timeline feature so I can add
    > > music, transitions, titles, credits and such.
    > > >
    > > > However, its sort of a pain in the neck to make little movies, convert
    > > them to DV-AVI the put them in a folder then move them to EZCD6 then put
    > > them in chapters then encode to MPEG2 then burn.
    > > >
    > > > Any help would be appreciated.

Video Burner Windows XP