Zip100 drives not working w/ Windows XP

I have ATAPI Zip100 drives installed in my machine and in my son's machine.
I have a Pentium 4 w/ i845D chipset mobo, and my son has an Athlon XP w/
KT400A chipset mobo. Both are now running Windows XP. Neither machine wants
to work with the Zip 100 drives anymore, although they both worked perfectly
before w/ older versions of Windows. When I put a disk into the drive, the
green LED illuminates, and then the drive remains inaccessible and requires
a **cold** boot to remove the disk! The problem occurs with or without
Iomegaware installed (the latest version from their site).

Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? I've used Zip drives for years,
and no other changes were made to either machine's BIOS or hardware. The
only change is that Win XP was installed (on a freshly formatted hard disk).
2 answers Last reply
More about zip100 drives working windows

    Previously Hackworth <NoSpam4Me@spamless.net> wrote:
    > I have ATAPI Zip100 drives installed in my machine and in my son's machine.
    > I have a Pentium 4 w/ i845D chipset mobo, and my son has an Athlon XP w/
    > KT400A chipset mobo. Both are now running Windows XP. Neither machine wants
    > to work with the Zip 100 drives anymore, although they both worked perfectly
    > before w/ older versions of Windows. When I put a disk into the drive, the
    > green LED illuminates, and then the drive remains inaccessible and requires
    > a **cold** boot to remove the disk! The problem occurs with or without
    > Iomegaware installed (the latest version from their site).

    > Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? I've used Zip drives for years,
    > and no other changes were made to either machine's BIOS or hardware. The
    > only change is that Win XP was installed (on a freshly formatted hard disk).

    Missing information: What interface? There are at least 4 I know of. All
    will have entirely different issues.

    Arno

    "Arno Wagner" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:33d8v6F404cb6U5@individual.net
    > Previously Hackworth <NoSpam4Me@spamless.net> wrote:
    > > I have ATAPI Zip100 drives installed in my machine and in my son's machine.
    > > I have a Pentium 4 w/ i845D chipset mobo, and my son has an Athlon XP w/
    > > KT400A chipset mobo. Both are now running Windows XP. Neither machine wants
    > > to work with the Zip 100 drives anymore, although they both worked perfectly
    > > before w/ older versions of Windows. When I put a disk into the drive, the
    > > green LED illuminates, and then the drive remains inaccessible and requires
    > > a **cold** boot to remove the disk! The problem occurs with or without
    > > Iomegaware installed (the latest version from their site).
    >
    > > Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? I've used Zip drives for years,
    > > and no other changes were made to either machine's BIOS or hardware. The
    > > only change is that Win XP was installed (on a freshly formatted hard disk).
    >
    > Missing information: What interface? There are at least 4 I know of. All
    > will have entirely different issues.

    So then, Arnie, what are those 4 entirely different issues that all seem to have
    the same outcome as described above?

    > Arno

Hardware Windows XP Storage