File splitting program

Not sure if this is the right place to post and I apologize if it is not.

I am looking for a file splitting program. I will be downloading a
750meg file and want to be able to put it on on 2 CDRs since I don't
have a DVD burner. I found a free splitter program called GLSplit. Is it
adequate and are there better free programs?

Ron

If it is a mpeg-2 it fits on CD-R because SVCD uses larger sectors.

"Ron Joiner" <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Not sure if this is the right place to post and I apologize if it is not.
>
> I am looking for a file splitting program. I will be downloading a
> 750meg file and want to be able to put it on on 2 CDRs since I don't
> have a DVD burner. I found a free splitter program called GLSplit. Is it
> adequate and are there better free programs?
>
> Ron

I use WinSplit.exe Never used it on a file that size though, but it
should be fine.

"Ron Joiner" <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:NJcAd.201051$Np3.8395266@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca
> Not sure if this is the right place to post and I apologize if it is not.
>
> I am looking for a file splitting program. I will be downloading a
> 750meg file and want to be able to put it on on 2 CDRs since I don't
> have a DVD burner. I found a free splitter program called GLSplit. Is it
> adequate and are there better free programs?

What's the point if you can't unsplit it?
Use winzip or any other archiving utility that is
capable of creating files that “span” multiple disks.

Ron Joiner wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place to post and I apologize if it is
not.

> I am looking for a file splitting program. I will be downloading a
> 750meg file and want to be able to put it on on 2 CDRs since I don't
> have a DVD burner. I found a free splitter program called GLSplit. Is
it
> adequate and are there better free programs?
>
> Ron

try
http://xedit.smike.ru