Best online to buy Hard drive?

What is the best online store price wise to buy Harddrives?

Im looking for a Seagatge 300Gb external, (Compusa had them for 199 in store
only but sold out..it has a rebate with it) and also looking for a cheap a
interal 40-80 gb but on the faster side.

any tips appreciated
thanks

paddy

"jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What is the best online store price wise to buy Harddrives?
>
> Im looking for a Seagatge 300Gb external, (Compusa had them for 199 in
store
> only but sold out..it has a rebate with it) and also looking for a cheap a
> interal 40-80 gb but on the faster side.
>
> any tips appreciated
> thanks

the best place would be ebay

www.pricewatch.com

"jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What is the best online store price wise to buy Harddrives?
>
> Im looking for a Seagatge 300Gb external, (Compusa had them for 199 in
> store
> only but sold out..it has a rebate with it) and also looking for a cheap a
> interal 40-80 gb but on the faster side.
>
> any tips appreciated
> thanks

thats a great site. exactly what I needed. thanks!

Looks like Outpost.com has best price when factoring in the rebates that are
offered. thanks. Compusa is better but they are out of stock.

"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
> www.pricewatch.com
>
> "jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> What is the best online store price wise to buy Harddrives?
>>
>> Im looking for a Seagatge 300Gb external, (Compusa had them for 199 in
>> store
>> only but sold out..it has a rebate with it) and also looking for a cheap
>> interal 40-80 gb but on the faster side.
>>
>> any tips appreciated
>> thanks

Check out reviews on-line resellers.
http://www.resellerratings.com/

Paddy wrote:

> "jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>What is the best online store price wise to buy Harddrives?
>>
>>Im looking for a Seagatge 300Gb external, (Compusa had them for 199 in
>
> store
>
>>only but sold out..it has a rebate with it) and also looking for a cheap a
>>interal 40-80 gb but on the faster side.
>>
>>any tips appreciated
>>thanks
>>

> the best place would be ebay

No, the *cheapest* place would be ebay. Also the most risky.
--
Cheers, Bob

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:36:56 GMT, Bob Willard
<BobwBSGS@TrashThis.comcast.net> wrote:

}No, the *cheapest* place would be ebay. Also the most risky.

Agreed. I have had real good luck with Newegg.com. They are usually the
lowest price or at least among the lowest. I know I have ordered from them
probably 10 times in 2 years without a hitch (and no I don't own stock in
them). :)

Later,
Dave

Dave Balcom wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:36:56 GMT, Bob Willard
> <BobwBSGS@TrashThis.comcast.net> wrote:
>
> }No, the *cheapest* place would be ebay. Also the most risky.
>
> Agreed. I have had real good luck with Newegg.com. They are usually the
> lowest price or at least among the lowest. I know I have ordered from them
> probably 10 times in 2 years without a hitch (and no I don't own stock in
> them). :)

For a very reasonable price they'll also add a year to the manufacturer's
warranty. OTOH, they use the same distributor drop-ship system as
everybody else, so the drives don't get packaged very well--an inch or so
of bubble-wrap typically vs the 3 inches that the manufacturers want on
RMAs.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)